Training & Workshops
We have extensive experience in providing training to families, schools, support groups, and community-based organisations throughout Ireland and abroad. Reach will be providing various workshops and webinars throughout the year, which can be found here. As well as these trainings, we are available to organize bespoke trainings for schools, support groups, and other organisations as requested. Some of the topics frequently presented include:
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour
- Use of visual supports to increase independence and support appropriate behaviours
- Ready, steady, go potty: Toilet training for children with complex needs
- Introduction to behaviourally based teaching strategies
- Early intervention strategies to support social engagement
- Increasing Independence in Daily Living Skills
Sibshops (Sibling Workshops)
While there are a growing number of parent support groups throughout Ireland, there tends to be less support for the siblings. Siblings will often be the strong and fearless protector, all the while experiencing a range of emotions which could include frustration, embarrassment, isolation, or guilt. Just as it can be helpful for parents to connect with others, so too can it be helpful for the siblings to connect. So for the siblings, we have Sibshops.
Sibshops are exciting workshops just for brothers and sisters of children with additional needs. At the workshops, sibling have the chance to:
- Meet other brothers and sisters of children with additional needs
- Play games and have fun
- Talk with others who “get it” about the good (and sometimes not so good!) parts of having a sibling with special needs
- Learn more about diversity and living with different conditions
- Have more fun
We are available to organize Sibshops at the request of any local parent groups, schools, or services providers. If you would like to learn more about how you can bring Sibshops to your community, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Contact us to inquire about scheduling a training onsite for your school or organisation.